San Diego Soliloquies

Monday, May 03, 2004

There's a Draft Coming

Kevin Drum, along with many others, thinks that there will be no draft:

    Personally, I still doubt this is anything more than normal agency planning. However, you may draw your own conclusions based on your own personal level of paranoia.

I respect and admire Kevin, and I would take a pay cut to work for any company he headed up. But beside my mouse pad is a letter from the Selective Service, which I am in the process of responding to. It's an application to serve on a draft board. Interestingly enough, I meet the qualifications perfectly:

  • Must be 18 years old or older
  • Must be a citizen of the United States
  • Men must have registered with the Selective Service, except those born from March 29, 1957 through December 31, 1959.
  • Must not be an employee of any law enforcement organization
  • Must not be an active or retired member of the Armed Forces
  • Must not have been convicted of any criminal offense.

I pray to every deity that humans worship that I will never have to serve.


Comments: Post a Comment

Home
San Diego Soliloquies