San Diego Soliloquies

Thursday, December 18, 2003

Way Too Much Information

In the second of a two-parter over at National Review Online Jennifer Roback Morse presents us with this:

I was not aware that contracept was a word, much less a verb whose gerund is contracepting. Neither is Merriam-Webster. I would ask her to conjugate it, but she might get the wrong idea.

Jennifer is apparently tenured somewhere, but she has mixed feelings about it:

    ... I was one of those career women who planned to wait until I got tenure and have a baby during the summer. Imagine my surprise when a year went by with no baby.
Though I'm fairly certain that she's not teaching medicine, her credentials are, I guess, one of the reasons why she was paid by National Review to let us in on her marriage's fertility (nil), adoption status (white kid from Romania) and her strange reason for taking in kids from the San Diego County Department of Child Welfare :

    Part of the reason we wanted to become foster parents is that we admired our Catholic friends with large families. We were long past the age when we could have the size family they have.

As the oldest son of one of those Catholic families, let me tell you that I wouldn't choose to grow up any other way, but I wouldn't want to grow up with a Mom who desperately wanted to be just like us.

So you might think this is one of those anti-feminist, I burned my separate checking account the same day I got the extra shaping Maindenform bra, now I'm a real woman articles from National Review right? Well, you'd be wrong sucker:

    The question isn't whether the law can create life-giving, self-giving love, because of course, it can't. The question is whether it will point us in the right direction. Redefining marriage to include homosexual unions will actively lead us astray.

That's right. She realized that gays getting married is just as evil as maintaining two separate checking accounts.

Yet another reason to be careful driving on San Diego freeways.


Comments: Post a Comment

Home
San Diego Soliloquies