San Diego Soliloquies

Friday, December 19, 2003

The Dreaded 'K' Word

The Corner is nonplussed that President Bush would send out a Kwanzaa greeting. I must admit that I was taken aback as well, mostly because I too have Nick Confessore's mental image:

    Just trying to picture President Bush pronouncing "the Nguzo Saba" made me giggle.

Not surprisingly, The Corner's many African American, and Caribbean, readers are far more upset than the Corner Crew:

    It strikes me as a curious form of reverse stereotyping generated by a segment of the African American community that demeans the legitimate cultural heritage of blacks in the United States. Even if that heritage is one that includes slavery.

Ummm..., Ok then.

Well, it certainly was nice that all three of them logged on today to provide such prompt commentary.


Comments: Post a Comment

Home
San Diego Soliloquies